Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Lane Scheidl Show

The line of Lane Scheidl, Jordan Weal and Garrett Mitchell had quite the night against the Brandon Wheat Kings at the Brandt Centre on Saturday. Scheidl had six points on four goals and two assists while his linemates had five in a 6-5 Regina win. Who was the last Pat to get four in a game? I don't think it was Jordan Eberle.
I was hoping to see Morgan Klimchuk play last night, but the team made him a healthy scratch. I heard a lot about the team's first pick in the bantam draft this year and wanted to see him do his thing. I'll have to wait for another night.
---
With the new configuration of the Brandt Centre, I now find myself drawn to sitting behind the net. You get to see everything when you are sitting up there. Those are the best seats in the house if you ask this blogger.
----
How many more times do the Oilers play Colorado before this season is over. That Avalanche team is bad!
----
A rotten-egg stench has developed near AT and T Park--the home of the World Series champion San Francisco Giants. If you are smelling that at the home of the best, what are they smelling in places where the team is bad coming out of spring training.
----
With Shawn Marcum and Zack Greinke pitching for Milwaukee, I am picking them to take the NL Central. What? Do you think I'm actually going to pick the Cubs. I'll just let them take me on the ride that they usually do.
----
Its another Sunday without football. When will the NFL network start replaying games from this past season?
----
I haven't watched a second of Telemiracle! Am I bad for having done that? I completely forgot it was on. How many Katy Perry, Pink, Justin Bieber remakes have their been. Is Beverley Mahood hosting? She's on the Scruffy Top 10 list. Anyhoo, if you haven't RING THOSE PHONES!!! Its always great to see the way Saskatchewan comes through year-after-year after year.
-----
Ontario got beat at the Brier so what? What do you mean it was James Grattan that did it. WOW!!! Nothing against Kevin Martin or Glenn Howard, but I would like to see two different rinks in the final this year instead of an Alberta-Ontario final.
-----
Can someone explain what happened to Alex Ovechkin's goal scoring talents?
----
I heard someone on SIRIUS' Hockey Night in Canada radio this week say that PK Subban should be mentioned in the "Rookie of the Year" talk. Yeah, I'll agree with that if names like Hall, Eberle, Grabner, Skinner, Couture and Carlson are all deemed ineligible. PLEASE!!!
-----
I spent a lot of my Saturday at the U of R at a cheerleading competition. Over 900 athletes were there. Cheerleading has grown exponentially from the days I went to high school. The dedication and committment to that sport is the same that kids have to give to other ones. It was an impressive display.
-----
I really wonder with all the snow we have just how wet and ugly of a spring it is going to be not just in Regina, but across Saskatchewan.
----
UPDATE: I just tuned in to Telemiracle to see Beverley Mahood (looking good as expected) introduce Bob McGrath. BOB MCGRATH IS STILL ALIVE???!!!! The man's look hasn't changed one bit. What fountain of youth is he drinking from? Is this what you get from living with Elmo? Oh great, he's singing "Its not Easy Being Green". I hope the Riders aren't watching or this performance will end up on the Maxtron.
----
Besides being a hospitable host to the Amber Holland rink this week when they were stuck in the Maritimes, how much do you think Russ gathered the team around the TV and gave them advice that they can use in the future. Someone of Howard's ilk giving free lessons to the Holland crew would be invaluable. As good as the team is, I bet they left the Howards as a better team.
Speaking of Russ Howard, let me be the latest to say how good he is on the TSN telecasts. His analysis is simply outstanding.
-----
I can't help but wonder if the 2015 Womens World Cup of Soccer might have made a Regina appearance if we had a brand spanking new stadium to show off.
----
Is it safe to say an expert farmer is outstanding in his field?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why NFL replays? The CFL had lots of great games that I'd much rather watch. NFL football just doesn't turn my crank but I'd grab some popcorn and watch the whole Rider season all over again.

V7

Anonymous said...

Yeah, womens soccer would have been a huge hit in the new dome. Sarcasm off.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with PK Subban!!!

Anonymous said...

This is aimed at the nutless wonder who made the soccer crack.

An event is coming to Canada. Regina puts a bid in saying they want to be home to Canadian soccer and this tournament thus they need some federal money to go towards a new facility.

The government will then look at it as not a new home for the Riders, but for something else and coughs up a few bucks. A facility is built, everything benefits. In 2015, Regina is alive with tourism, soccer (which in some countries is a big seller) is alive and we are basking in a new facility. The tournament ends and we have a legacy. Now that I've wisened you up dumbass, go back to Mommy!!

Shawn