Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The MJ Multiplex

Thanks to building manager (and all around good guy) Scott Clark, I had a chance to tour the brand new Moose Jaw Multiplex on Thursday afternoon. All I can say after going through the building is that Moose Jaw has itself a jewel that will put themselves on the sports and entertainment map for real.

Rod Pedersen and I made the trek to the Jaw today and here are just some of the pictures that were taken...

The outside


---
The view from one of the many boxes that are available


-----
The view that Warriors play by play man James Gallo will have.

-----


Jeezus, Pedersen looks grumpy! It must be that Warriors sticker on the side of the helmet he is wearing. I hope no one finds out about the Pat stickers he affixed to certain areas of the building. IM KIDDING!!!!!! (or am I....)




-----


The view from the concourse in the one end....



















-----

They tell us the statue of Kelly Remple is not quite ready yet and won't be unveiled until it is. I can only imagine! Actually Kelly, who with all apologies to current Moose Jaw grand poobah Glenn Hagel is the unofficial mayor of Moose Jaw, is the one who tells me the statue won't be unveiled until opening night.  I still say they should call the building "The Temple of Remple". That's what CTV's Lee Jones believes the building should be named. Who can argue with Jonesy, Certainly not I.

In all seriousness, I knew this building was going to be nice, but I was overwhelmed as to just how nice it will be. Moose Jaw should be very proud of this facility and know that it will bring them a lot of things over the next few years that they might otherwise not have. There is no reason to think top name musical acts will make a stop, events like a Scotties Tournament of Hearts or a Canadian junior championship could be held there. There is no doubt that a Tankard or a provincial Scotties will be played in there and dare I say that perhaps the Warriors could bid on a Memorial Cup---although I do admit that a few more seats may be needed. As much as I want to  be at the last game ever played at the Civic Centre, I do want to be at the first Warriors game of next season as it will be something to watch.
-----
Speaking of Kelly, "The Silver Fox", along with CHAB's Rob Carnie, former Pats play-by-play guys Peter Loubardias and Kevin Gallant along with former Warriors and current Pats coach Curtis Hunt were on "The Sportscage" reminiscing about the Civic Centre with Rod and I this afternoon. It was a great two hours. Who's kidding who, he could have went four.
-----
Is anyone surprised to see that the four playoff rinks at the Brier are Gushue, Stoughton, Martin and Howard. It is surprising that Martin and Howard will play in the three vs four game, but if one had placed bets on those four being your playoff rinks, you wouldn't get much back in return.
-----
I thought the Humboldt-Melfort SJHL 2nd round series would be the best matchup in the 2nd round and so far that is the case. Humboldt evens it up at 2 at home with a last second 6-5 win over the Mustangs. Game 5 is in Melfort Saturday.
-----
Where does one hide the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue where the Mrs. doesn't find it????? Never mind, I can just check it out online. While its been said before, how photogenic is Brooklyn Decker??!
-----
My satellite radio has been hooked up in my new car. THANK GOD!  I've missed Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd and the other channels I listen to. That being said, I need the hookup to be professionally done as I have way too many wires sticking out. Any good suggestions as to where I should go?
-----
How many of you were sleepy today after going to the Buckcherry/Papa Roach concert on Wednesday? It was worth it though was it not?
----
If the Zdeno Chara incident had happened in Phoenix and it was a game not involving a Canadian team, would there be this much hub-bub and discussion? Jamie Nye and Drew Remenda had a good interview Thursday night with a lawyer who basically said any idea of a charge relating from this incident is ridiculous. Say what you will about the Chara incident, but Drew has rightfully pointed out on the Sharks website that its just another case of players not showing each other the proper respect. I really can't disagree with what he has to say on the matter.
-------
Not responding to ignorance is not a sign of weakness, its merely showing that you're on a higher level and minor things don't faze you!
-----
There's a send off for the Amber Holland rink at the Ramada Friday night starting at 730. Go wish Amber and company good luck as they get ready to head off to the Worlds in Denmark. Between that, the Pats-Warriors game at the BC and the basketball at the University, it will be a busy sports day in Regina. Get out there and enjoy!
-----

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pedersen looks like he just shit himself. HA HA HA HA!!

I would love to see MJaw host a Mem Cup.

Anonymous said...

That rink looks so nice that Regina will want a new stadium. Oh wait.......


peter dalla riva

Anonymous said...

What would be bigger? The Remple statue or his ego? Just kidding Kelly! This building will bring events to Moose Jaw that we couldn't have dreamed of 10-15 years ago. You are right when you say this will put Moose Jaw on the entertainment map. While I am hoping the Warriors can go on a long playoff run, I can't wait for the first regular season game next year. I think our little rink will be the envy of many when they come in.

Anonymous said...

Remenda is right! Hockey tries to police itself, but players don't want to respect one another. If trying to seriously injure someone is what you really want to do then go ahead because the NHL despite what it says doesn't really care and either does the PA.

David

Anonymous said...

Pedersen always looks grumpy, loosen up Roddy!