Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

We'll See Game 7!

Great news for hockey fans--especially in Moose Jaw. I was very happy to see this from the WHL on my Twitter page.
Game 7 of the Calgary Hitmen - Moose Jaw Warriors opening round WHL playoff series can be seen LIVE on SHAW and tomorrow)Monday) night at 7pm MT.
This has been a great series and while you have to think the Hitmen will rebound from a 3-1 deficit to take the series seeing they have won the last two, you just never know what might happen. Good on SHAW for picking this up. I am hoping Access will have it as well. The reason for this is SHAW would have shown Game 7 of Kootenay/Medicine Hat, but the Tigers polished off the Ice in six with a 4-1 win. If Calgary wins, they get the Tigers in Round 2 with Saskatoon taking on Brandon. A Moose Jaw win means a 2nd round date against Brandon with the Blades battling the Tigers.
-----
I didn't think Shawn Michaels and Undertaker could duplicate their epic battle at WM 25 at this year's event, but they came damn close. In fact, some might say they did. Once again, the two men had the 72-thousand in attendance and the millions more around the world on the edge of their seat in the career vs streak match. In the end, the Undertaker got the job done to end what was an OK Wrestlemania. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrid either. Hey, I may have missed the final 3 minutes of the event for reasons I don't really want to get into, but it was a good four hours of entertainment. If you want to know what happened in the other matches, just go to WWE.com. By the way, if you watched WM, did you catch the opening couple of minutes. There is a guy in a Rider jersey sitting right near the ring. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!
-----
Germany's Andrea Schopp wins the World Womens Curling Championship, but I'm not sure she made many friends. First, Schopp laid down a major insult on Jennifer Jones by saying she was glad her German squad wasn't playing Canada in the final because Scotland's Eve Muirhead would give her a better game because they were a better team. Muirhead was adopted by many in Swift Current as the team they wanted to see win if Jones couldn't, but Schopp bested the Scots 8-6 in 11 ends. As for Jones, she takes home the bronze beating Sweden.
-----
Looks like it will be the Penguins and the Capitals in the outdoor game next year. That's the only one you really could have if you are the NHL seeing your two most marketable players will go up against one another. As I've said in the past, the outdoor game doesn't interest me as much anymore as it used to because its been done so many times, but if Sid is playing Ovie, I will watch and so will you.
-----
Did anyone watch the Don Cherry movie? I've taped it and will try and watch later today. Is it worth my time?
----
Weren't the Red Wings fighting for a playoff spot just a couple of weeks ago. They are now one point out of 5th in the West.
----
Did Hockey Night in Canada actually report Saturday night that if the Flames don't make the playoffs, there will be a major change in the front office with Steve Yzerman taking over as GM from Darryl Sutter. Unless Ken Holland has told the Wings he has no intention of stepping down anytime soon, I can't see Yzerman going anywhere. He seems to me destined for a high up job in the Wings organization.
-----
Butler, Michigan State, Duke and West Virginia make up the final four. I had the last two. I'm guessing there aren't many that had that grouping. The last two weekends of college basketball have just been incredible and have reminded me just why I love that tournament so.
------
I can't remember what beer brand its for, but the one where the old man asks for "Nancy" to throw him a brewski just makes me howl.
----
As you start your Monday, I ask you this.....

Why is it OK for guys to slap other guys asses in football, but not in any other situation?

7 comments:

Saskatchewan Moving Company said...

Good too see the Warriors game will be on the tube!

Anonymous said...

Is Access picking this one up too? I hope so!

WM was awesome. I think Shawn-UT outdid themselves from last year. The ending was great!

Loved Bret-Vinnie Mac too. Bret's fans have been waiting for that for a lonnnnnnng time!

Anonymous said...

Shawn-Undertaker saved what was a mediocre WM. Why were we "treated" to a divas match so late in the show?

Anonymous said...

The Red Wings and Penguins will play for the Cup again. Wait and see!

Matt

Anonymous said...

I saw the Rider guy right off the top too, but I never saw him after that. There was also that guy with the "Hello Winnipeg" sign.

Anonymous said...

I believe that's a Keystone commercial Mitch. "Come on Nancy, throw "er right down the alley!" Agreed though, that one is a gooder.

Troy

Anonymous said...

I was the guy with the "Hello Winnipeg" sign at WrestleMania! :^)

Really lucked out getting a seat right by the ramp/rail...