Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Are U Ready For Some Football??

Good morning Regina! Are you sober this morning after a night of partying? I hear it was quite the night and I hear "The Pump" had some action going on last night and that some people that I know were mis-behaving a little. Hopefully, those are at 100 percent this afternoon because they and 30-thousand others will be watching Winnipeg get what should be their annual buttkicking at the hands of the Riders on Labour Day. The Bombers haven't won the last five LDC's and one would expect it to be six when the day is over.
There is no way the Rider offence plays like it did last week in Edmonton. No way whatsoever. The Rider defence looked great against the Eskimos and I think they are starting to come together as a unit. They should make life difficult for Buck Pierce and/or Steven Jyles today. I gotta admit Pierce scares me because of his past history at Mosaic against the Riders, but he also scares me for the fact that we all know he is one good shot away from going to the land of the loopy again. You have to think Jyles is hoping he can get in and maybe show the Riders what they could have had. Then again, I think the Riders know they have the better quarterback in Darian Durant.
-----
Rider fans are waiting to hear what the Indianapolis Colts practice roster will look like. I was surprised to learn John Chick had been cut. He had a good camp, but he obviously got caught up in a numbers game. I would be absolutely shocked if he didn't make the practice roster and ended up back in Saskatchewan. It would be great for the Riders if he did, but I would feel bad for Chick because he deserves to be an NFL'er.
-----
Jacksonville State beats Ole Miss and North Dakota State knocks off Kansas(that would be the Turner Gill led Kansas Jayhawks). That means there are two Division 1 football teams that are basically done before they started. I know how those teams felt after Appalachian State defeated Michigan a couple of years ago---something that Wayne Smith used to constantly remind me about.
-----
I didn't see the game, but I did see the final score. The Huskies walked into Calgary and smoked the number one ranked Dinosaurs 34-13. I did see though what might be the hit of the 2010 football season---anywhere! If you haven't seen it, try and find the hit that Husky safety Bryce McCall had on Calgary running back Anthony Woodson who reached up to snag a pass that was a tad high. McCall knocked him cold with a clean hit.
-----
Its always good having beers with a buddy that you haven't seen for a while. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Nothing whatsoever.
----
GO RIDERS!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an epic beatdown by the Dogs!

Mike from Vita, MB said...

Woodson was off balance and turned right into McCall as he laid the lick. Calgary Coach Nill was ballistic, but had no basis...ended up costing his team an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. The Dinos secondary looks porous...they'll need to step it up. Huskies played well on both sides of the ball...maybe the Riders could come to the Huskies practise and learn how to tackle. I don't think I saw one missed tackle by the Huskies..BT and his staff teach the fundamentals well.