Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Rielly Headed to AHL



The Toronto Marlies will get added support on the blue line later this week with the addition of defenceman Morgan Rielly.
Rielly's junior season ended over the weekend with the Moose Jaw Warriors failing to make the WHL playoffs and it's expected that he will join the Marlies on Wednesday. The 19-year-old had 12 goals and 54 points during the regular season with the Warriors.
"Any time I've gone to Toronto they've always told me that they drafted me for a reason - it's because of what I am able do with the puck," Rielly told the Moose Jaw Times Herald. "That's what they ask me to do. I want to play hard every night and try to get better."
Rielly was the Toronto Maple Leafs' first-round pick - fifth overall - in the in 2012 NHL Draft.
The Marlies are in first in the AHL's North Division and third overall in the Western Conference with 74 points.

(TSN.ca)

No comments: