Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

A-Rod Has Some Company

Although his reputation wasn't the greatest already, Manny Ramirez is now the latest baseball player to test positive for performance-enhancers. The Dodgers outfielder has been handed a 50 game suspension that starts immediately.
The commissioner's office didn't announce the specific violation by Ramirez, but in a statement Thursday provided by Major League Baseball, Ramirez attributed the violation to medication he had been prescribed by a doctor.
"Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me," Ramirez said. "Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now.

No comments: