Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Riders Need New Special Teams Coach



 
 
The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced today that Special Teams Coordinator Craig Dickenson has tendered his resignation.
“My decision to resign is based on off-season commitments I have made that I intend to honour and also to a conflict of schedule which could not be worked out,” Dickenson said in a written statement to the Club. “I appreciate the effort and work of the players and coaches I had the privilege of working with during my two years in Regina. I want to thank Coach Chamblin for hiring me and supporting me this past season. I especially want to thank and express my sincere appreciation to Jim Hopson, Brendan Taman, and Jeremy O'Day. Thank you Rider Nation for your support and enthusiasm these past two years.”
Dickenson joined the Riders in 2011 after spending the previous season with the Oakland Raiders as a Special Teams Assistant. A well respected coach, Dickenson also had stints with the Calgary Stampeders where he spent seven seasons and the Montreal Alouettes where he spent the 2003 season.

7 comments:

Glenn said...

So the 2 best special teams coaches that the Riders had the last few years are gone, Smith and Dickenson. It could be an interesting year with those changes.

Anonymous said...

Why go to Winnipeg? Isn't that a lateral move? Seems to me as if Chamblin or Taman might be losing control.

Anonymous said...

I also have seen enough of the Taman and Chamblin gong show. Time to change the channel as Dickenson has done.

Anonymous said...

Some dissension in the ranks?

Anonymous said...

Probably couldn't stomach Chamblin's ego.

Anonymous said...

Coaches come and coaches go. This isn't the end of the world.

Anonymous said...

If what Peterson just said is true, Chamblin wanted him back at a certain date and he said no. The two sides couldn't come to an agreement as to when he could be back? Sounds to me like both Dickenson and the orgamization are being somewhat stubborn.

JN