Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

This And That


Lance Armstrong, what a smarmy prick! That's all I could think about as I saw him trying to save his ass while talking to Oprah. I would have thought he would have come off as a little more sympathetic, but from what I saw, he didn't.

People have a lot of different views when it comes to Armstrong, but it would seem to me as if all the stories of him being a nasty human being are seemingly true. Have you seen anyone come to his defence? Has anyone said Lance isn't that type of guy? NO! That's somewhat sad isn't it. At least Tiger Woods had some people in his corner. Speaking of Tiger, are there any similarities here as an American icon gets dragged through the mud and then some. It doesn't seem like it. The only difference is that Tiger never spoke to Oprah. In seeing this all go down, it just makes the speech he gave to Peter Lafleur in "Dodgeball" so hollow now.


One other Oprah note. How many men were watching Oprah on Thursday? This is not good for mankind, not good at all. There is something inside of me thinking that somehow she subliminally played "Bridges of Madison County" or "Sex and the City" reruns underneath that interview.


Speaking of which, is it just me or had Oprah spoken with Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr back in August, we wouldn't have had a lockout. Who's her next interview with--Manti Te'o. Speaking of Te'o, that is one of the most bizarre stories I have ever seen. Is the time I let everyone know I've been having an affair with Anna Kournikova for the last 10 years even though I have never met her? How can someone call someone else his girlfriend when he has never seen her up close and personal? Very, very bizarre! What also is bizarre is I have mentioned Oprah wayyyyyyyyy too much in this posting! I apologize!

Speaking of bizarre, word came out this week that the Ottawa team in the CFL wanted to talk to Joe Mack when it comes to their general manager position and the Bombers said NO. They said what? I would think the Bombers would be more than happy to let Mack speak with Ottawa. Hell, I am surprised the Bombers didn't pay his plane fare and get him the most expensive hotel in Ottawa!!

I hope Marc Trestman succeeds in the NFL. He's a very classy guy and doing well south of the border will make the CFL look good. Players like Jerrell Freeman, Cam Wake and Jon Ryan have shown CFL'ers can play the NFL game, now lets see if coaches can get the job done.

I'm taking the Ravens to beat the Patriots on Sunday. Does everyone forget that Baltimore would have been in the Super Bowl last year had it not been for a dropped pass and a field goal that should have been made. I am also taking Atlanta to win the NFC game. Out of the final four, I am pulling for the Falcons to win it. I really don't have anything against them. Of course, I would have rather had Seattle playing this weekend....




The fans have spoken. They are coming back to the NHL en masse in this country. Should I really be surprised? Not at all. Canadians can't live without the NHL. One guy at work this week said he is bunking down Saturday for the tripleheader. Why not just boycott the opening weekend of action and then get back into it. Most just can't do that. Like someone said this week, do you really think fans in Winnipeg are going to stay away after being so long without it and just nicely getting it back. Its because of this why the NHL knows it can repeat this down the road and they won't suffer----at least not in Canada.

Did anyone out there know McDonalds closes at 10 for 20 minutes every night at 10 while it updates their tills or something? How dumb! I pulled in there the other night to see some guys pulling out of the drive-thru and soon after I was after finding out I couldn't get anything. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

The Rock singing to Vickie Guerrero on Monday Night RAW this week was one of the funniest things I've seen on the show in a long time. If you didn't see it, check this out...




People aren't kidding when they say its tough to find a parking spot in downtown Regina. What makes it doubly frustrating is that IMPARK has reserved spots for customers which is fine, but in the one month that I've been at CKRM there are some spots that are reserved that I don't think has had a car in there once. IMPARK doesn't care because they are getting their money every month, but still.

I wonder if Lorne Molleken is having any feelings of deja vu as he guides the host team at this year's Memorial Cup. His Regina Pats team that was the Mem Cup host 12 years ago wasn't that good at the trade deadline, but they got their act together a little bit before the season ended only to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs. Molleken has another team that is less than championship-worthy right now and the trade deadline didn't seem to work---at least not early on. Hopefully for the WHL's sake, the Blades get their act together in time and have a decent playoff run.

The Muellers--Marc and Larry---join me as guest hosts in "Sportscage" today. One of our guests will be Riders receiver Rob Bagg. It will be great talking to him.

That's all I got. Enjoy the weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He may be a smarmy prick, but he did do a lot in helping the fight against cancer. Lance is still OK in my books. He's a liar, but he's still OK.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oprah speaking with Bettman and Fehr! HA HA HA HA

Great line Scruffy!

Count me in as one of those who are so excited about NHL being back. I know what they did was wrong, but I need my hockey!

Anonymous said...

That Rock bit was priceless!

Anonymous said...

Doping or not, he's done a lot for cancer. I do think he is a slimeball though.

Anonymous said...

Is Lance Armstrong the new Ben Johnson?

Anonymous said...

I don't go downtown anymore. The impark lots are too expensive and you can rarely find a spot near where you want to be. Its an issue the city never wants to discuss even though they talk about wanting a thriving downtown core.

Kevin