Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I Have No Problem With This

Its a story that is getting a lot of attention today. It happened in Philadelphia last night at the Phillies game. Take a look....



Yes, some idiot who decided to try and be cool by running out onto the field and disrupting the game gets tased! You know what? I'm all for that! Perhaps its the fact I'm now in my 40's, but I hate seeing yahoos run onto the field thinking they are all that and a bag of chips with their "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME" attitude. All they are doing is ruining the game day experience for 99.5 percent of the crowd. The other .5 are guys that maybe convince the guy to run on the field whether it be with or without clothes. In fact, if the truth be known, I've always been that way.

I've seen a fan go on NHL ice and get clobbered into the boards by a linesman or just had the crap beaten out of him by the Buffalo Sabres on the bench (Remember Rob Ray just going to town on that clown). I've seen a guy at a Winnipeg Blue Bombers fan get kicked repeatedly by members of the Bombers when he got on the field. I've seen fans get laid out by NFL players at games and yes, I've even some that think they want to challenge a wrestler get their head kicked in. Bad News Allen did it to someone who may have been conceived in a thawed out petry dish many years ago. In each case, the guy got what he deserved. This is no different.

Yeah, I realize people have been killed by tasers before. However, if this goof doesn't run on the field, he doesn't get tased. Its as simple as that! Anyone that goes on the field during the game is fair game as far as I'm concerned. If something like this prevents someone else from running on the field in future games, mission accomplished.

It raises this question? If someone got out of hand at a Rider game and this happened to them, what would your reaction be? We can sit there and discuss it all we want when it happens at a place far away from home, but when it happens in your backyard, its a different story.
Personally, my opinion would be the same. Stay off the field and this won't happen. Come on the field, and the risk is yours.

Comment away!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't remember what year it was. I am going to guess it was 1995 or 1996 my buddy and I were at a game against Baltimore. and at that game there must have been 10 guys running on the field and they had these "bouncers" who were there for security. well, anyone who was there would tell you that these security guards were just pummelling guys. Body slams, power slams, close lines, you name it. It was really hard to watch because you knew someone was going to get really hurt. Well we were at labour day then and it happened again and again guys were just pummelled. I think it was on the way home they were talking about it on the radio. everyone agreed that it was wrong to run on the field, but the level of restrained was out of line. from then on, it was mostly police with a few licensed security guards. I've never seen another incident like that again. and I don't think it happens that often at taylor field anymore.
How would I feel if someone got tasered at taylor field ? as you said above, you don't go on the field and you don't get tasered, simple as that. it would really bother me if I had my 9 year old daughter there and we had to watch that, or even someone naked on the field.

Russ from Saskatoon

Anonymous said...

You come on the field. You take the risk. That kid had no idea they would taser him. You can bet those watching had no idea either. THEY DO NOW!


perry

Brynster said...

at a baseball game? C'mon.
How about just adding a few more security guards and then rough him up pretty good for all to see? But people are dying from these things. Police shouldn't even use them unless it's an absolute must. NOW you guys want every Barney Fife with a power complex to pull out a taser and fire? C'mon.

Anonymous said...

i think they should have tazed him twoice....and once for brynster

leah

Anonymous said...

hot damn! That gets better every time I watch it!!