Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Noah Picton Signs CFL Contract With Argos

Image result for noah picton

What a difference a week makes!

Last Thursday, University of Regina Rams quarterback Noah Picton was snubbed at the CFL draft much to the disappointment of many.

This Thursday, the Toronto Argonauts announced they had signed Picton to a contract.
“It’s exciting!” Picton said moments after the signing was announced. “It feels like all of your hard work has paid off, but you understand that all this is now is a job interview. There’s a lot of work ahead, but I’m pleased, I’m excited and I’m ready to go.  I’ve said from the get-go I wanted to get to a camp and now I have the opportunity. I’ve always had a chip on my shoulder and last week didn’t help that, but at the end of the day I’m at a camp so I am happy with that.

In Toronto, Picton will learn from the likes of Marc Trestman, Anthony Calvillo and Ricky Ray.  He is excited to start soaking in all the wisdom and knowledge they can give.

“I don’t know if I could have picked a better landing spot.” Picton proclaimed.  “It will be a whirlwind of learning knowledge.  I can’t wait to get there and see how those guys approach the game mentally. It will be a room full of greats and I can’t wait to get there.

The 22-year-old has  one season of U Sports eligibility remaining with the Rams. Going into that final season, Picton has already re-written the Canada West record book as he is the conference’s all-time leader in passing yards at 9,840 and completions at 720.  He is also 11 away from surpassing former Rams QB Teale Orban as the conference’s most prolific touchdown passer.  It is likely the 5-foot-9 product of Leboldus will also set new USports Canada standards in many categories before his career comes to an end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


Good!

Anonymous said...


Having a chance to work with Trestman, Calvillo and Ray. That won't be intimidating! If he shows something, Toronto may want to make a more firm investment with the kid!

perry

Anonymous said...


If Noah had the size his daddy had, he would be a sure-fire CFL'er. Sadly he doesn't. I wish him luck, but reality is he will be the Rams new OC when McConkey leaves.

LD