THREE HARD LAPS: QUICK HITS FROM FRIDAY
* Jordan Binnington recorded 29 saves to help the Blues even the series and become the first goaltender in franchise history, and 10th rookie in NHL history, to record 10 wins in a single postseason.
* St. Louis improved to 10-7 in the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs to match the franchise record for wins in a single postseason (also 1986 and 2016).
* The NHL announced the Stanley Cup Final will open with Game 1 on Monday, May 27 in Boston.
BINNINGTON, BLUES REBOUND TO EVEN WESTERN CONFERENCE FINAL
Ivan Barbashev opened the scoring just 35 seconds into the contest as the Blues jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period, while Jordan Binnington turned aside 29 of 30 shots to earn his 10th win of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. St. Louis, which evened the Western Conference Final at two games apiece, tied a franchise record for wins in a single postseason (10), first accomplished in 1986 and matched in 2016.
When the Conference Finals/Semifinals are tied 2-2, the winner of Game 5 owns an all-time series record of 19-8 (70.3%).
* After establishing a single-season franchise record for wins by a rookie goaltender in the regular season (24-5-1), Binnington became the first netminder in Blues franchise history to win 10 contests in a single postseason and just the 10th rookie netminder in NHL history to accomplish the feat.
* Binnington improved to 5-2 in the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs in games following a loss, a trend he started in the regular season when he compiled a 6-0 record under the same scenario. Overall, Binnington improved to 10-7 this postseason with a 2.58 goals-against average and a .908 save percentage.
* No stranger to big moments, Binnington captured the OHL championship with the Owen Sound Attack in 2010-11 and was later named the Most Outstanding Goaltender at the Memorial Cup - weeks before the Blues selected him in the third round (87th overall) of the 2011 NHL Draft.
* Barbashev became the second Blues player to score in the opening minute of a game this postseason, joining Jaden Schwartz, who tallied 23 seconds into Game 6 of their First Round series against Winnipeg. Teams that score in the opening minute of a game in the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs own a 5-2 record in those contests.
* The Western Conference Final will resume on Sunday afternoon with Game 5 at SAP Center in San Jose.
STANLEY CUP FINAL TO BEGIN MAY 27 IN BOSTON
The NHL announced the dates, starting times and television information for the 2019 Stanley Cup Final, which will begin on Monday, May 27, at TD Garden in Boston