Boston 3 Toronto 1
Washington 4 Columbus 1
PASTRNAK POWERS BRUINS TO COMMANDING SERIES LEAD
David Pastrnak (0-2—2) recorded his third multi-point game of the postseason as the Bruins took a 3-1 series lead over the Maple Leafs. Pastrnak, who leads all players with 4-7—11 in the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs, trails only Wayne Gretzky for the most points by a player in his team’s opening four playoff games since 1987.
* Tuukka Rask (31 saves) earned his 33rd career playoff victory to move past Frank Brimsek (32) for sole possession of third on the Bruins’ all-time playoff wins list. Rask sits eighth among active netminders, one win shy of Roberto Luongo (34).
* Torey Krug opened the scoring 28 seconds into the contest, marking the fastest goal to begin a playoff game since James van Riemsdyk (0:29 w/ PHI) in Game 2 of the 2011 Conference Semifinals.
* Boston took a 3-1 lead in a best-of-seven series for the 21st time in franchise history and holds an all-time series record of 18–2 in those instances.
CAPITALS EARN ANOTHER ROAD WIN TO EVEN SERIES WITH BLUE JACKETS
The Capitals received multi-point performances from Evgeny Kuznetsov (1-3—4), Alex Ovechkin (1-1—2) and Tom Wilson (1-1—2) to even their First Round series with the Blue Jackets. Elias notes that when a best-of-seven series in tied 2-2, the winner of Game 5 holds an all-time series record of 201-54 (78.8%).
* Washington tied a best-of-seven series 2-2 after losing Games 1 and 2 for the first time in franchise history. In the 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs, three teams accomplished the feat: Anaheim (FR vs. EDM), NY Rangers (FR vs. OTT) and Nashville (F vs.PIT).
* The road team has won each of the first four games of the series, marking the fifth such occurrence in the Stanley Cup Playoffs over the last 10 years.
Post a Comment